Travel and Medication

The Home Office has confirmed that travellers with ADD/ADHD can carry up to 900mg of methylphenidate based medication (Ritalin, Concerta, Equasym and Medikinet fall into this category) while travelling into or out of the UK without requiring a Home Office Licence. However, if you need to carry more than 900mg you will need a licence.
More details about drug licences can be seen here.


Free Cinema Tickets

Apply for the Cinema Exhibitors’ Association Card, which will allow one carer free entry when accompanying the holder of the card to the cinema. To be eligible for the card the holder needs to be in receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA), registered blind, or be a holder of a disabled person’s rail card.
You can read about this, and download the application form, atĀ


Disabilty Living Allowance (DLA)

Some children diagnosed with ADHD may be eligible for DLA if they are 5yrs old or over. You can find more information on this benefitĀ here.

A charity called Cerebra provide a very helpful guide to completing DLA forms for children with neurological or neurodevelopmental conditions. You can find their guide here


Carers Allowance (CA)

If your child is in receipt of DLA at middle or high rate for personal care, you may be entitled to Carers Allowance. You can find more information and claim CA here